While the human connection is extremely imperative as a part of communication, virtual meetings are the ‘IN’ trend for businesses nowadays. Well, not just to follow the trend, but virtual meetings are taking place out of efficiency, requirement and most importantly the need of the hour. But being able to work together, essential tools and a platform to connect virtually is a must! That’s why the first thing we’re going to address is the technology being used behind hosting a remarkable virtual meeting.
Technology will keep all your members on the same page and help them stay connected and be part of the virtual meet. Without technology, your virtual meet is well just merely a meet!
The following are some of the Virtual Meet Apps one can use for their meeting:
1. Skype: It is a telecommunication application that specializes in providing video calls and voice calls between various communication platforms that include computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smart watches that have internet connection. Skype also provides instant messaging services. Members can exchange digital documents which include images, text, and videos. Skype allows video conference calls, which will be a perfect application for your virtual meet.
2. Google Hangouts: It is a telecommunication platform developed by google that includes messaging, video chat and SMS services. Google Hangouts allows conversations between two or more users. The app can be accessed online through a user’s Gmail account, the Google+ website, or through mobiles that support the Android or iOS soft wares.
3. FaceTime: This is a video-telephony software developed by Apple Inc. FaceTime is available on iOS mobile devices and Mac computers. FaceTime is set to have tiles of participants’ faces and highlight those who are talking. But, FaceTime can run exclusively on Apple devices, juicy right?
4. ReadyTalk: It provides you solutions for your conferencing needs. The significant features of the ReadyTalk are instant technical support, private and group discussion, videos, chat windows with multiple groups up to 100 participants, up to four video feeds simultaneously, and integration with Outlook, Google Calendar, and some other popular virtual tools.
The following are some of the Virtual Meet tools one can use for their meeting:
1. Google Drive: It is a file storage and synchronization service designed by Google. It comprises of Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, office suite that permits collective editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, etc. Files created and edited through the office suite are directly saved in Google Drive.
2. Slack: It is a communication platform for your team to chat together in a group. It offers messaging functionality, customizable notifications, and also integrates many other office tools.
3. On-stream Meetings: This is a tool for virtual meetings. You can edit the meeting recordings by downloading your video file. It allows you to share your files with all the members/attendees or make the documents available for anyone to download after the meeting gets over. Features include document sharing, screen sharing and meeting with multiple groups up to 1, 000 attendees; this can be generally used for larger groups to connect virtually.
A virtual meeting can be a great way to connect with your members as long as you can refrain from any surrounding distractions. These tools will help you engage with your participants, efficiently. Until then, Happy Meeting!